Thursday, November 22, 2007

CHICO, California - Cookin' with Olga

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Today will be my first attempt at cooking a turkey!
(a 23 pounder!) 10:00 AM
Step one:
Rinse and pat dry.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Pose for picture.
Lookin' good!
(I wonder how this turkey compares to Maxi Mounds?!)11:00 AM
Step two:
Apply foil version of myself to buttered turkey breast.
So far, so good!
12:30 PM
Step 3:
Baste with butter...
She's looking pretty yummy, don't ya think?!
2:00 PM
Step 4:
Nothing to do now but hang out...
and keep a close eye on things in the ol' oven...2:15 PM
Step 4a
... so how about a little nip?!
...or two?
4:30 PM
Step 5:
Waa-laa!
My Soon-To-Be Aruba Chaperon helps me reveal
Turkey ala Olga!
5:00 PM
And as we sat down to our delicious Thanksgiving feast,
I felt very grateful to be a Traveling Bra ~
and NOT a turkey!
6:00PM
Phew - I'm STUFFED!
Time to loosen up the ol' straps, kick back on the couch and....
...hey wait! Did somebody say PIE?!?

27 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I am working on it...with any luck it will just blow up! (But not 'til after the turkey's done.)

Anonymous said...

Hey that stoves better than mine.....:):):)

suchsimplepleasures said...

hope you had a fantabulous thanksgiving. i'm dying of laughter from your blog...it's supposed to be funny, right? :)
i found your from cr8buzz...btw...
enjoy and take care!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Crusty - I am sorry.
~Olga

Suchsimplepleasures - If you think I'm funny, then I guess I am. As they say, humor is in the eye, or cup, of the beholder. :)
~Olga

Anonymous said...

Oh My God!! I LOVE IT!

ha ha ha haa

Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

MYM said...

OMG - You know how to throw a thanksgiving dinner! Too funny!

Ya know...I really gotta get out more, cause the placement of that turkey brush looked kinda fun. Seriously...I need a life.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Glad to have tickled your funny bone there meleah! :)
~Olga

Well Drowsey, to tell you the truth, it WAS pretty fun!
Just get your bra, a turkey brush, and some melted butter together & GO FOR IT! :)
~Olga

Fanton said...

That looks like a sumptuous feast there, my dear Olga. I am just glad you did not catch aflame being so near to the stove and all.

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Dawn Drover said...

And I thought cooking a turkey was hard... goes to show what I know!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I Like Pie!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I Like Turkey!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Lord Likely - Well, we did have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case!
~Olga

Dawn - If I can do it, you can do it! But I do recommend keeping a fire estinguisher nearby, just in case.
~Olga

Hi Speedy - I bet you do! :)
~Olga

Anonymous said...

TiT for TaT.. I just tagged you..just keeping you abreast of the situation....:):)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Gee, Crusty - I WONDERED what I was gonna do with myself on vacation in Aruba! :) Thanks!
~Olga

Speedcat Hollydale said...

That's a really nice couch :-) ... last time I commented "blind" with my mobile phone. Yes, I'm an internet rebel bad blogger!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Nice Couch?!? How 'bout that big ol' bodacious lacey black BRA upon it?!? Jeez...Speedy I think you ate too much pie. It's interferring with yer eyesight....
;)
~Olga

Sugarqueensdream said...

Olga, You ARE the dare devil bra I tell ya, My Mother in law has no real cup size anyway, so she was way to timid to do this! I will do it when I serve my turkey later in the winter... Of course I might have to buy a bigger turkey *blink blink*
Hugs you delicious bra you...
Sugar

kellypea said...

OMG -- Heidi the Turkey would have been so jealous of that foil brassiere you turkey is sporting. Good thing there's not much left of her or I'd have to deal with it. And Aruba. Feh. Wouldn't I LOVE to be going there right now! I'd have to get a body transplant, though!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Sugar - The "turkey bra" didn't turn out as cool as I thought it would...but it was still fun! Good luck with yours! Send pictures!
~Olga

Kellypea - You named your turkey? And then ATE her? Good Lord woman!...That's brilliant! :)
~Olga

BudgetBride said...

A divine turkey presentation indeed!!!!!! WTG Olga!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Glad you approve BDG! And I like the way you shake it!
~Olga

Anonymous said...

Next Thanksgiving I'll send you a set of my undergarments. Think it will fit the turkey a bit better.

Kate Boddie said...

Dammit! A bra's a better cook than I am. Actually, I'm not all that surprised.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Is there a drumstick left?

HOT POST!!!!

My Mug is on display at Hollydale HQ (very nice)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

So ... did you figure it out?? I know why :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

AH-HA!!! I shoulda KNOWN boobs were the problem! AS well as the ANSWER! Always are....
Thanks Speedy! And Maxi
( . )( . )

A New Yorker said...

The tin foil bra on the turkey is just way too funny.

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!