Monday, February 2, 2009

Hey ya'll! I'm Going (to) Mobile!

Most people associate Mardi Gras with the New Orleans, Louisiana...but did you know that the original Mardi Gras celebration was held in Mobile, Alabama in 1703? Sho'nuf! And this year...guess who's been invited to be The Belle of the Mardi Gras Ball? Woo-hoo!!!....looks like those dancin' lessons The Rev gave me are gonna come in quite handy!
Check it out! Here I am hanging around outside the Carnival Museum back in October 2007 when I visited Mobile with my very first blogger-Chaperon, Stealth! (This time I hope to get up close and personal with those clowns.)


(Click to turn music on or off...but stay tuned now, ya'll hear? )

13 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hmmmmm .... sounds wild, exciting, and bras will be flying around everywhere!!

You will fit right in Olga. Don't be drinkin` double cupped right off the bat (wink)


Mardy Growl, Mardy Growl !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are going to have a FABULOUS time.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You do realise that I'm using your travels as geography lessons don't you?

Perhaps you could become a course in colleges?

Anonymous said...

OMG ! Half of my high school pals are in Mobile !
(Or at least they were - now I am not so sure !)

I will be fun to spot them via OlgaTTB !

:-D

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are going to have a blast! Cant wait to see the mask you pick out!

70steen said...

gawd that music woke me up ... oh and the cats scattered lol
wow I wish I was a bra partying .. the posse are soooooo jealous ...

Teena in Toronto said...

I'd like to go there sometime!

I'm still living vicariously through you :)

Awake In Rochester said...

Congratulations! I think that you'd look great in a party mask. ;)

MYM said...

Wow that was on 2007? Time flies in blog world!!!!!

The Rev. said...

Well, we shall miss ya...but I know you'll have a blast!

Hungry Mother said...

That's the capital of the Rednect Riviera isn't it?

fracas said...

Olga, olga, you lucky bra...
taking part in mardi gras!


I've only one question.

Who's the chaperone?

Anonymous said...

is it for children?
mp3-legende

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!