Monday, October 1, 2007

Lightening My Load in CHICO, California

After a blessedly uneventful trip up Interstate 5, I arrived in Chico safe and sound via FedEx, which in my not-so-humble opinion is the ONLY way to travel! Hmmm, I wonder if they're in the market for a new spokesmodel?

I went to Chico (aka: "where the nuts come from)" specifically to confront my "Ex"...who, if you recall, (and if not, click here) DUMPED me for a younger model last year at her High School Reunion! Then she left me flat-busted all alone in an unfamiliar town with no visable means of support! Yeah, you can bet your sweet bippy I arrived at her home with both barrels fully loaded and underwires poised to do battle!

So, imagine my udder surprise when, after we somewhat awkwardly embraced "hello," I realized I just full of hot air...I could never hold anything against this woman! For one thing, she's lost a little weight, plus the poor thing has become so forgetful, it's a miracle she has ANY clothes left! Turns out my former bosom buddy has been diagnosed with AAADD. Which explains a LOT.

Even though I still think she's a pretty big boob for treating me the way she did, when you think about it, my "Ex's" absent-mindedness is what led to my becoming a Traveling Bra! So, I did what any fine, upstanding bra would do and forgave her transgressions. I feel soooo much lighter now!

With all that said and done, I decided to go hook up with a few of my old draw-mates, and there I discovered yet another painful truth; "Once you leave home, you can go never back." I just didn't I fit in anymore. And I thought I'd go crazy listening to them drone on and on about their on again/off again relationship with my "Ex", and their relentlessly tedious lives; all work-wash-dry and NO play! How DID I ever put UP with that?!?

Just when I thought I would bust from boredom, the phone rang and whadaya know?...it was my dear old Nevada chaperon calling to invite me over to her place for a few days! And THEN I got an e-mail from a BRAND NEW chaperon-to-be who wants to take me on a big ol' rock 'n rollin' road trip down south! Woo-hoo! I'm shipping out tomorrow! Proving once again, that when life leaves ya feeling a bit deflated, if you just hang tight, things usually have a way of working themselves out.
I'm really sorry I had to cut my trip to Chico short (not!) but I know I'll be back in the 'hood again someday...for a nice (SHORT) visit. Until then, it's TA-TA California, HELLO Nevada,
and LOOK-OUT Georgia - here I come!

8 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

kuanyin333 said...

Checking up on you girlfriend, and you look as wild n' crazy as ever and why I love ya! Happy Trails and congrats on all your awards!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks Kuanyin, my little rehab-buddy! :)
~OlgaTTB

the Domestic Minx said...

So glad things are sorted between you and the ex, darling!
I was heartened when I saw sniffing.
It's always a good sign.

x

Lisa Wines said...

Paris. Don't. Forget. Paris. The photo opportunities are amazing.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Yes Minx...she WAS sniffing me, which I thought was a tad bizarre...but like I said, the ol' gal's getting a bit daft.

Lisa...You & Paris are on my list!Of course, I'll need to brush up on my French...get a passport...

Anonymous said...

Please don't tell me once you leave home you can never go back....

I might HAVE to go back home, WITH MY PARENTS....

*insert gun in mouth*

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

meleah rebeccah...Sorry to hear that! Let me know if you need any support...

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi !!!!

(( smile ))

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!