Friday, August 17, 2007

STURGIS and MT. RUSHMORE, South Dakota

Every August, thousands of bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts descend upon Sturgis, South Dakota for the
Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
! We stayed nearby at
Deadwood Dicks, and despite what the sign says, this place was anything BUT dead!


My chaperons and I could hardly wait to hit the town
and see what was goin' on!


Even from our balcony, I could see this was quite an intriguing
assemblage of bikes, bikers and babes!

I kinda thought this cute little leopard print number might want to
take off and travel around with me for a while...but...
she was too attached to her bike...darn it.


I hit the jackpot when we ran into these fun lovin' gals...who were tickled pink...and green, red, white, and blue to hoist me up
and pose for this picture...thanks girls!

My chaperon and I were literally in hog-heaven!


We also visited Mount Rushmore...which was awesome...
...but also a little intimidating with FOUR great big old stone-faced
Presidents of the United States of America staring down at me...
what do you suppose they were thinking?!?
Washington: "Happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected. Hey guys, check out that big bra down there."

Jefferson: "
We hold these truths to be self-evident...whoa dude, that IS a big bra!"

Roosevelt:
"Speak softly and carry a big...bra...?”


Lincoln:
"Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal...on the other hand, bras are created in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors because thankfully, every woman is different, unique, and very special. God Bless women...and their bras!"

10 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Mom Knows Everything said...

I want to party with Olga! She looks like she is always the hit of the party.

Barbara said...

Great pics. My boss sent me a postcard last year from Sturgis. Unfortunately he couldn't make it this year but I know he's planning another run for next year.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a GREAT time! I WILL get there some day!

Thanks for the note!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog... Olga is awesome!

myonlyphoto said...

Your blog is so cooooool. The funny thing your avartar led me here, I was wondering what was that all about. lol.
Anna :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks for all of the positive & encouraging comments! They just make me feel tingley all over!

Anonymous said...

cool blog, great pics
I'll be back to visit again soon

kuanyin333 said...

I've just nominated you as one of my five blogs for Blog Day today. You can read what I wrote about you on my blog, Blog-Blond at http://www.blog-blond.blogspot.com

Love your blog!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

THANKS kuanyin! I'm honored!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Lookin' forward to it dd2. Hey! I'm a DD too!

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!