Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Weekend in GATLINBURG/Tennessee

A few weeks ago, I was hangin' out and sippin' a little peach iced tea on my Stealthy Georgia Chaperon's big ol' comfy front-porch swing, when she said to me, "Olga, my friend Shanin is takin' a little trip up to Tennessee and she needs a travelin' partner...are ya'll interested?" Well, THAT perked right me up! After all, Traveling IS my middle name! So, I yanked up my straps, hopped in my Traveling Lingerie Bag, and away we went!...to Gatlinburg, Tennessee! (I apologize for not getting these pictures posted sooner...
but as you can tell, I've been a very busy Bra!)

First Stop -
This famous landmark - a Gatlinburg ATM machine...

...so we could go
SHOPPING!!!

As you can see, we made quite a haul!
And afterwards, I had a BALL hangin' out on the couch,
talkin' shop with my new bosom buddies
Minnie (in white) and Pearl (in pink.)

Then we hot-footed it down to the Gatlinburg fire station...
...but hey...where's the fire?!?
Ooops!...false alarm!
It's just ME causin' everyone's temperature to RISE (again!)

Speakin' of HOT...
I even hooked up with Miss Tennessee's country cousin...
Ms. Pumpkin Head, 2007!

Yes, Gatlinburg was quite lovely, but my favorite part was...
back-packing in the Great Smoky Mountains with Shanin!

'Tis truly God's Country.
Amen.
Thanks Shanin!

26 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

MYM said...

Olga, you travel in some good company! I wish I had your itinerary...and your friend Pearl...she looks about my size and I love pink!

Sugarqueensdream said...

Olga, You sweet Bra you.... I sure love reading about your travels, I must say I AM a bit jealous though! I'm about to retire my old bras and invest in new ones, I'm thinking of getting a black one, since you are so divine in black, I thought maybe I could pull it off( not literately LOL) thinking of even getting a bra in a color, made me think I would own my very first black bra ever, isn't that weird for 49!
Hugs baby doll!!!

Diva said...

Doh! If only I had known that the tavelin bra was making a pit-stop in my back yard, I'd have busted out the lace and took ya on the town. Gatlinburg is a groovy place! It's a hop and maybe a skippy from Knoxville where I exist.

Let me know if you pass back through!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Drowsey - I bet you'd look very pretty in pink! ;)
xoxo
~Olga

Sugar - Retiring your old bra-friends can be a very stressful experience (for all)...I offer up a few suggestions about what to do with your old bras on my website: http://olgathetravelingbra.com/Thoughtfulalternatives.html
You might want to check it out!
~Olga

Diva - I just added you to my 2 BIG CUPS UP LIST...you are absolutely hysterical!!!
Hope to see ya 'round here again!
~Olga

Anonymous said...

The 'backpack' bra in the woods and the pumpkin "olga" are AWESOME

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Wow, you were only 45 minutes from my house! You could have thrown yourself over my face for a few minutes at let me view a lacy world!

Maybe next time, huh?

Anonymous said...

If you had thrown yourself over Mushy like that it would mean he had a facelift....:):)....Minnie looks rather familar...I wonder if we met somehrere...?

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hi meleah - Yes, I am very multi-functional, arn't I?
~Olga

Hang out with YOU Mushy?!?...Oh, I would be honored! Or, would that be on-himed??? Har-har!
~Olga

I dunno Crusty - Have you checked your rearview mirror lately?
And oh yes, I would just love to give Mushy a lift! HA-HA!...you guys crack me UP!
~Olga

Hungry Mother said...

I was in Gatlinburg for a couple of days when my kids were little. I was sick with the flu and hallucinating, so I couldn't tell if the bands that kept coming in the restaurants singing "Rocky Top" were real or figments. We rode on one of the little tourist trolleys from one tacky place to another one time. Waiting to cross the street, on the side of the road were a family of Mennonites. The driver said to no one in particular, "Them's Normans, that's what they is." That single sentence has a richness about it that I've rarely seen matched. The driver's voice added to the pleasure. I heard that around 25 years ago and can still hear it in my head.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Wow! That's a great little story hungry mother! I wonder though - what did he mean by "Them's Normans"?
~Olga

Not a Granny said...

Okay, I just Had my girls uplifted and I do not own a beautiful black bra...how about a visit to Florida? It is going to be 80 degrees here tomorrow!!

I found you through divalicious when she stopped by my site.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

My Granpappy always used to say.. bras and fire engines go hand in hand. I never understood why until now. Hope you didn't get any wood ticks in the forest!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hi not a granny! I hope to beback in Florida again someday! Please stay in touch...& maybe we can hook up!
~Olga

Speedy - Your Granpappy was a wise man! Perhaps he said that 'cuz your Granny's bras were so HOT that they needed a fire engine to cool 'em down! Woo-woo!
~Olga

Hungry Mother said...

"Them's Normans..." I figured that the guy was thinking that the group of strangely dressed people were part of some wacky religion, and he was trying for "Mormans" because he associated that with wacky religion. But, somewhere in his grade school education he had heard about the Norman invasion. He had no real knowledge of either, so the word a teacher had said is the one that came out.

I know that your question was just a rhetorical one, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

HAHA! That's awesome Hungry Mother! Now that's what I'm gonna think whenever I see people who are dressed strangely In the Name of The Lord!
~Olga
By the way, I am a nondenominational bra.

Rickey said...

Tennessee, huh? Did ya check out the Jack Daniels factory? That place is awesome.

Diva said...

Awwww, thanks!!

Tequila Mockingbird said...

wow, olga holds up some large gourds!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

No we didn't rickey - but I could go for a couple of cupfuls right now!
~Olga

Awwwww, my pleasure divalicious!!
~Olga

You betcha tequilabird! Them babies were size 36PP!
~Olga

Fanton said...

Good heavens, you certainly packed a lot in to your time, there Olga.

And you also seemed to pack rather a lot into your ample cups, too!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Dear Lord Likely - It's true...I am one busty bra! Oooops! I mean BUSY bra! Silly me....
~Olga

meleah rebeccah said...

I have never met such a versatile bra!

Unknown said...

Great. Now I have the song "Moving to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches" by The Presidents of the United States of America in my head.

If you don't know the song, go pray to God and thank him that you don't. Otherwise it'll be in your head forever.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Well....maybe...you....should, meleah! (Hmmm???)
~Olga

Hi DD! - Do you mean this song?...
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin' to the country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches,
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.

Peaches come from a can,
They were put there by a man,
In A Factory down town,

And if I had my little way, I'd eat peaches everyday,
Sun soakin' bulges in the shade.

Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.

I took a little nap where the roots all twist,
Squished a rotten peach in my fist,
And dreamed about you, woman.
I poked my finger down inside, make a little room for an ant to hide,
Nature's candy in my hand, or can, or pie.

Millions of peaches, peaches for me,
Millions of peaches, peaches for free,
Millions of peaches, peaches for me,
Millions of peaches, peaches for free,
LOOK OUT!

Millions of peaches, peaches for me,
Millions of peaches, peaches for free,
Millions of peaches, peaches for me,
Millions of peaches, peaches for free,
LOOK OUT!


That one? ~Olga

crpitt said...

I am going to have to get an olga look a like to go hiking with :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Claire - Why settle for some cheap imitation floozy bra when you can have the REAL THING baby?!? All ya gotta do is ask...I'd LOVE to go hiking with you! Drop me a line!
~Olga

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!