Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rehab'n in PETALUMA/The Cat House

After enduring 3 weeks of blistering heat and ungodly conditions in "P.O. BOX HELL," I just wanted to hurry up and get the blazes outta Arizona! Not that I hold anything against the Grand Canyon State mind you, but in addition to claustrophobia and cynophobia...now, I can add thermophobia to my rack of insecurities! What's a poor bra to do?!

Luckily, my quick thinking little Italian chaperon wasted no time stuffing me into her purse (thus, avoiding any possible chance of loosing me in LOST LUGGAGE HELL) and hopping onboard the next plane bound for oh-so-cool-'n-foggy Petaluma, California. (The very place from whence I sprang nearly one year ago!)
Now all I wanna do is loosen up my straps and spend a few days rehydrating and airing things out in the rejuvenating coastal breeze ..........ahhhhhhhh..........

And while I'm back in town, I'd also like to reconnect with a few old friends...like the one who just so happens to live in this cute little house......recognize it?It's the infamous Petaluma "Cat House" where several years ago, hundreds of cats were found living (or not) inside the premises! The "Crazy Cat Lady" bought the house exclusively for her cats - who proceeded live, die, pee, poop, and procreate like animals inside for 5 years before authorities discovered there was "a problem." (All the nauseating details can be found here.)

Crazy Cat Lady said, "It started with just 2 cats and all of a sudden there were 196! I know this sounds bizarre, but I am a rational person." Yeah, maybe compared to "Crazy Rat Guy!!!"...another interesting resident of my beloved P-town. Geez, if only they had hooked up together....maybe they could have worked out some sort of an arrangement. So much for appetizers. Well, here I am about to enjoy a lovely home-cooked dinner (I think it may have been tuna?) with my friends inside the completely gutted, fumigated, disinfected, and renovated "Cat House." The food and company were divine, and a wonderful evening was had by all, but still...I just couldn't help wondering....what in the hell is that cage doing over in the corner?! Did someone say...meow?

12 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

jOolian said...

Olga :: meeeOWWwww...KoondahKat juz ran thru the front porch door like'a LooneyTune Sylvester style hole..."agGGGGhhhhh, run doood ruuunnnn," he screamed... i said i thought you only said 'meWow' and he said 'FFk-dat!!'..flashbacks off dah Pound!!!' But he's recovered. And, it must be simple grandeur to dine on Tuna in the remod CatHouse, a Feline-Fiesta -o- sorts ...and that cage: HAAA!!! Yoo crazy hardRawwwk'n bra'wd!~julian

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Oh my GAWD!...you are soooo HILARIOUS jOlian!!! I am laffing my cups off! Pooooor KoondahKat!

Unknown said...

OK, thanks for not telling me about the rats. Crazy Rat Guy? That's just creepy.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

You said it Dorky Dad! I love your picture by the way! Looks like you just stepped on a rat! :)
~olga

Anonymous said...

No, it was not tuna for dinner-it was risotto w/ scallops:)

jOolian said...

ha aghhh haa...
pleeeze don't pop-yer-cups Olga!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Too late jOolian! :) It happens everytime!!!

the Domestic Minx said...

Purrrr..

Olga, you black, beguiling beauty!
As a globe trotting minx myself, I am fascinated by your jubilant jet-setting existence, your brushes with danger and the pertinence of your cups coquette!!
I think you should join me in my boudoir - a minx can never have too many saucy black brassieres!!

xx

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Minx, dahling...can you imagine the fun and trouble we could cause if we ever joined forces?!? wOw!!! :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hi "Meow"...Tuna, scallops, whatever...there was just something very fishy about that place!

The Naked Madhatter said...

This story of "crazy cat lady" scares me a bit. My best mate Mr March Hare is such in a sexual trance I fear he will have all Ariege repopulated with hare babies. I don't want to become "Crazy hare babies guy", no i don't...
Kind regards

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Dear Naked Madhatter; No, you certainly don't need THAT label when you are still trying shake off "Bra-napper!" (Just teasing - you are such a good sport!)
~Olga

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!