Monday, November 17, 2008

It's QUIZ TIME!



I've got a big bag of sweet, crunchy, healthy, and oh-so-tasty
sugar snap peas my-hometown grown almonds
for the correct answer in my comments (if more than ONE person answers correctly, I will draw names from a hat! A nice hat!)
UPDATE:
CONGRATULATIONS TO
AWAKE IN ROCHESTER for answering CORRECTLY (see comments)
A big bag of nuts are comin' your way! Woo-hoo!!!

24 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Those streets in the City of Roses are where bras hang out .....

[Butte County!!!!!! - tee hee hee]

Awake In Rochester said...

MMM Almonds!

"West Chico is most commonly thought of as the part of town where the students are. This part of Chico includes the South Campus Neighborhood. Although a lot of students do live in this part of town, there is much more to West Chico than just the young folks.

An interesting fact about the streets in West Chico is that leading up to the railroad tracks toward Walnut Street from downtown they spell out the word CHICO. They are, in order: Chestnut Street, Hazel Street, Ivy Street, Cherry Street, and Orange Street. This fact isn't all that trivial since it is a great mnemonic for remembering the order of these streets, which may be useful for visitors."

http://www.chicowiki.org/West_Chico

You know I love this post! ;o)

Awake In Rochester said...

Just wanted to take a little stroll down the streets again. ;o)

Hungry Mother said...

The power of Google is that I had the answer in a couple of seconds by searching "trees streets in chico" (without the quotes).

A New Yorker said...

Um...Trees. Is that too simple to be right?

Anonymous said...

There is little block in downtown Toronto that is bounded by streets named after St. Mary, St. Joseph and St. Nicholas. map

Perhaps a little fitting as Christmas is just around the corner. :o)

Jeanna said...

Diggin' that slide.

Anonymous said...

Chico Baby!

Anonymous said...

So you mean its even trees in that urban surroundings too - great ;-)

Btw: Thanks for a lovely Norwegian SeaFood dinner last night - you where steaming hot - It's always great to have you hanging around!

Awake In Rochester said...

*Whispering into Olga's ear* (wherever that is). Psst! Don't look now, but I think RennyBA has kidnapped you!

Anonymous said...

Dang.. they all already got it.

My neighborhood in Carpinteria was the same... Hickory, Birch.....

:)

On your way yet??

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

hummmm-dee-dummm....

Speedcat Hollydale said...

West Chico ... down from Petaluma!!!

Mountain girl in the Valley!!!

Chico ... don't be discuraged, The man will be back in reruns ...

Two by four two by four

Speedcat Hollydale said...

were is me prize???

Awake In Rochester said...

I've already received my prize!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Who need a price!?!? I mean: I have you! :lol:

Awake In Rochester said...

@RennyBA B-I-N-G-O!

Broke But Still Drinking said...

I pray, for her own sanity, Olga doesn't venture to this area of the world unless she likes endless snow, rundown steel mills, and cheap beer. Well, the cheap beer isn't so bad. It is a bit nipply where I come from, and you're sure to freeze off more than just your ass.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

AWAKE IN ROCHESTER WINS!!! You have the FULL & CORRECT answer!
C = Chestnut
H = Hazel
I = Ivy
C = Cherry
O = Orange!

Congratulations & please send me your mailing address!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

b b b b b b but MY vote was counted late, and there .... b b b b b b b b but I wanted the

C = Chestnut
H = Hazel
I = Ivy
C = Cherry
O = Orange


Ahhhh well, at least I have my beaver.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

b bak ina bit ....

Awake In Rochester said...

Dear Ms. Olga,

I thank you! And I want to thank the other worthy contestants for playing. I'm just sorry that Speedy wasn't speedy enough. tee hee!

This was a fun quiz, and the best part was getting to know you a tad more. ;o) I will e-mail you.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Speedy - YOU don't NEED any more nuts!
xoxo
~Olga

Awake - I am HAPPY to have gotten to know you a little better too!
~Olga

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!