Saturday, April 12, 2008

"Run Hard and Long!" (Part Deux)

Each year, on a Sunday in April, the streets of Paris are filled with
35,000 marathon runners!...and this year,
1 very bodacious black bra!
The Paris Marathon begins on the Champs Elysees, then runs down the Boulevard to Place du Concorde, past the Louvre and out to the east of the city...then it joins the banks of the River Seine and returns past Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower on the way to the finish at the Arc de Triomphe on Avenue Foch!
That's a total of 26 miles, 385 yards!...& quite a stretch for this ol' bra! How did I do it? Check it out:
First, the night before running those 26 miles, 385 yards,
my Marathon Mistresses made sure my cups were fully carbo-loaded
with mounds of delicious spaghetti!
And since I'd be running 26 miles, 385 yards,
I also enjoyed several delicious croissants for breakfast ~ 100% guilt-free!!
Then I listened to my favorite inspirational music and got all pumped up about running 26 miles, 385 yards!
Finally...my Marathon Mistresses strapped me on...and
we joined the throng at the starting line: "The journey of 26 miles, 385 yards begins with a single step."Here we are at the 5 Mile Mark! Only 21 miles, 385 yards to go!
At the 10 Mile Mark, I convinced my Mistress to pull over for a quickie photo op in front of my favorite store! (Only 16 more miles, 385 yards to go....)
The Finish Line!
Woo-Hoo!!! We did it! All 26 miles and 385 yards!!!
THANK YOU to my incredible Marathon Mistresses, Kelly and Courtney,
for sharing this awesome, once in a lifetime (for me) experience!
Now please....take me home!!!

28 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Anonymous said...

wheeww 26 miles I bet that took a little bounce out of the step..I got tired just thinking about it..

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

...and 385 yards, Crusty!
~Olga

Jeanna said...

No way!

Hungry Mother said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

It really is HM! My Marathon Mistresses are my Heros! :)
~Olga

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

WAY Jeanna! :) Pretty cool, eh?
~Olga

Fanton said...

Congratulations, m'dear! Truly, you are the most active bra I have ever laid eyes upon!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Yes Lord Likely...I am MUCH more active than most bras...or their owners!
~Olga

MedStudentWife said...

How'd ya soak at the end of it all ?

Anonymous said...

I'd kill to be in half the places that bras been in...oh wait, that didn't sound quite right. :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

MSW - A little Woolite and champage works wonders!
~Olga

Nah...that would be overkill Diamond! ;)
~Olga

Michele said...

Feew! I'm tired after reading that post. But congratulations to you, Not bad for a beginner!

iriegal said...

All that the strap held! Viva the strong bra! congrats you made it

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks Michelle and Iriegal! I really appreciate the support! :)
~Olga

MYM said...

What an awsome experience for a bra! :) Congrats on the run, that is so cool!!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

The last 385 yards would require a golf cart ... 2 far for me!

Jeanna said...

Those ear buds are still cracking me up. Or am I cracking up because I haven't started my taxes...hmmm, a puzzle.

MedStudentWife said...

As an aside....

I may have an Olga mentor mission available.

Check
http://funwithzippy.com/

Not sure if Zippy is looking for help, but it may be worth a comment. I've already stated that I know of "someone" that can help this lobster expand its horizons...YOU

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks Drowsey! (I miss you silly girl!!!)
~Olga

Speedy - Hmmmm...I'd have thought the golf cart might have come in more handy during the first 21 miles!
~Olga

Jeanna - Put down that candy bar & do your dang taaaaaaxes!!! :)
~Olga

MSW - I'm intrigued! Will check it out! :)
~Olga

Anonymous said...

I got tired just reading that!
Amazing! Just amazing!

The Rev. said...

Wow, Congrats on the marathon! Here I was, thinking I'm big and bad for running a few miles every day; I could Never go 26 miles!

As for the circus train, my curiosity has certainly been piqued. The store here has lots of little circus games (miniature ring toss, for example), but no trains.

A light bulb flashed above my head earlier this morning - Dollar General!. Could this be the third and final piece to the puzzle?? I'll investigate later today....

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That is quite a feat.

Sheesh. I cant walk 26 steps....let alone RUN 26 miles.

Damn Grrl. Good thing you loaded up on all those carbs!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Diva - I know!!! :)
~Olga

Rev Pete - Let me know if you want that train & I'll send it your way! Toot-toot!
~Olga

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Meleah - And croissants! :)

Anonymous said...

(Lisa sheepishly sidles up to the bar. Looks around.) So...there was a marathon in Paris? I need to get out more.

(Lisa orders a few drinks. Throws them down. On the last one, she forcefully slams the empty glass on the bar. It shatters. Parisians look around. Then look back to their tarte tatin. They're used to the drama.) So...Olga was IN TOWN and she DIDN'T CALL ME? There's a word for that. But I don't dare udder it. (pun intended. But was the shun intended?)

hehe. I'm glad Olga got some exercise and that she got another happy trip to Paris. I just wish I was a little less clueless. I could have left the not-so-safety of the 18th and headed down to the Seine to wave her and her lovely carriers on to their eventual victory. DOH! (Lisa slaps forehead.)

crpitt said...

Wow I am sooooooooo proud of you :)

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

I ran the L.A. Marathon in 1998 and it HURT!

So whoooo hoooo for you! You made it! And your straps look no worse for the wear! You are one awesome bra!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

LISA! I thought you KNEW! Arrrgggg! I'd like to say, "Oh well, maybe next time!" But then hell would be freezing over & that would be bad.
~Olga

THANKS CLAIRE! XOXOXOXO
~Olga

Woo-Hoo RC! I hope you had on a supportive bra!
~Olga

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!