Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lessons Learned from the Flowers

It is with conflicting emotions that I have chosen
to resign as a Founder at Go! Smell the Flowers. The reasons are personal, but suffice it to say that
we could learn a lot from flowers...
“Kind hearts are the garden,
Kind thoughts are the root
Kind words are the blossoms Kind deeds are the fruit."
~John Ruskin
Yes, we could learn alot from the flowers.

(These photos were taken by my blog-mistress' children in Maui...nice job, eh?)

25 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

MYM said...

Ah yes, well said :) Your kids are blooming photographers! Seriously, very nice job.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks pal.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you leave Olga - I was just getting to know you.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck - onwards and upwards.

And if you are still visiting London in the summer, then please do get in touch.

Take care and all the best.

Anonymous said...

Those are the kind of flowers I like a lot!

"Kind deeds are the fruit" - quite!

Are you coming to London? I missed that - if you fancy a trip to gorgeous Dorset, just let me know - and bring Arvind :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks for your support Arvind - you're a good man.

Yes, Diane I am coming to London! But I don't know the exact details yet about where we're going...will keep you abreast! ;)
Happy Birthday!
~Olga

The_Mrs said...

Hello again.

Your flowers are quite lovely and you have my support. Even though my bra doesn't travel. :D

Take care -
TheMrs

Anonymous said...

if you need help supporting your blog mistress in this trying time I would be glad to lend a helping hand or two....:)))))

ANNA-LYS said...

Lovely pic's!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

The Mrs - Well, meeting you was a very uplifting moment today! I love your blog! :) Hope to see ya 'round her again.
~Olga

Thanks Crusty - It's a heavy load I must carry, but I'm handling things just fine...(thank GAWD for underwires!)...but I might be needing another vacation after THIS!!!
~Olga

Thank you Annalys! Now I must go check out your blog! :)
~Olga

Hungry Mother said...

Beautiful blooms, but I like bloomers, too.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I know ya do HM....and I like YOU!
xoxo
~Olga

Linky Love said...

Eh, not one bra in these pics... oh, that's true, they use coconuts (I learned that in a Shinade-daddyP video once...).

Owee another proud member :-)

Thanks for the Linky Love. Will give some love back tomorrow as I have a teriible fight in the office with my sexy secretaries being laid off 1 by one now.

Feel invited to join our http://www.linkylove.net/addyourlink toplist , frac, shinade n daddyP are all there already :-)

Now if you feel to guestpost on my blog, please do as your theme kind of fits in quite well...

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks LL! I just felt the need to reach out and grab a little love today! So glad you're there for me! :)
~Olga

Linky Love said...

Oh Olga, since you needed some love, you should have asked :-)

Well, here is some more love and my first award given ever at Sexy secretary application 1 : Olga the traveling bra

Thanks!

Jeanna said...

I especially like the last shot.

crpitt said...

Hey I support you and have dumped the flowers, I got your reason for leaving even if some folks didn't.

How could anyone think that you cant take a joke? Hello! your a traveling bra for fooks sake.

They are as inspirational as plebeian container of festering over-ripe tomatoes.

Keep me posted on your travel plans :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Linky ~ WoW! Now there's a career I've never considered for myself! But do I have to type? I suck at typing....
Thanks for the award! I am very flattered! xoxoxo
~Olga

Me too Jeanna....peaceful isn't it?
~Olga

I love you Claire! :) And Willy of course. It's so weird, all I did was try to make a graceful exit and it's been turned into a freakin' circus! What a let-down. But I'm moving on...
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
~Olga

crpitt said...

I think they have lost their underwiring :P

Meh and Bleh and feh to them :)

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

And pfffft!

OK Claire...I'm headin' your way soon...I still need to firm up the details with my new chaperons...but I DEFINITELY want to hook up with you! And Willy, of course. Will keep you abreast of the situation.
xoxoxo
~Olga

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Absolutely beautiful.

MYM said...

clair is quite the wordsmith! LOL And I thought what she said on my blog was creative!!! ahahahaha

Anonymous said...

awww...... beautiful post.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Kewl

I have plastic ones in the Pulte Room ... great photo's, and a super comparison. The variety of color marks the beauty of diversity. One million roses are nice, but a garden of contrasting hues is paradise.

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Thanks for the support you guys! :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Love the last one especially.

You've been royally tagged by the Queen of Memes. Message In a Bottle Meme
Hope you like it!

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!