Friday, June 8, 2007

Dateline: PETALUMA, CA.

I've been temporarily transferred to my new chaperon in Petaluma for a couple of weeks. I'll be attending a graduation ceremony at The Girl's alma mater, PHS and getting in touch with some of the attendees from The Reunion! (Stay tuned for more photos!)

While my new chaperon wasted no time showing me around town, unfortunately I missed out on a major local event - a Corda wedding.
Luckily, we were able to catch up with the father-of-the-bride the next morning in the back room at the legendary Volpi's Ristorante & Bar. I'd met this swell guy briefly once before out at his dairy ranch, (see May 5, 2007 post) but this time, after a few Bloody Mary's, we really connected!


Volpi's was originally an Italian market with a speakeasy in the back...over the years the Volpi family has added a deli and a restaurant to the business...but the backroom bar hasn't changed a bit since the days of Prohibition. It's safe to say that about a hundred years of history has been made within, and is well-preserved upon, these walls! But even so...I'm pretty sure they've never seen the likes of ME before!

His buddies seemed quite impressed...
...as did all the deer on the walls.

Nice Rack!

Then, my busy little Italian chaperon whisked me away to another local hot spot; Mario & John's. Here, I was lucky enough to meet one of the bridesmaids. This lovely girl was fortunate enough to catch the bridal bouquet (and maybe a guy from Carmel Valley) and said I could attend her wedding if and when it ever happens. Poor girl, she just can't seem to remember where she left her false eyelashes last night!

Always a bridesmaid,
never a bride!

3 Bodacious Comments (so far) ~ Add Yours!:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the buddies sporting you Olga. It makes me smile every time to see the fun you bring to people. Heh.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I would not do that .....

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Oh yes you would! :)

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...& I will comment back...tit for tat!